A few curious minds have asked, so I thought I'd go ahead and write a blog post about what a Click Pro is as well as what the process entails. Let me start by saying that becoming a Click Pro has been a goal of mine for YEARS. This is a network of insanely talented women that are highly recognized and among the BEST of the best across the board in all genres of photography. When I thought about applying to be listed among such talent, I would always hesitate. "What IF I'm not good enough"? This is one of the most common debilitating thoughts that every creative I know has struggled with. To counter, I would always follow that up with "what if you ARE"? ...
So it began. I put a portfolio of 150 of my favorite and technically best images together (to be harshly judged), took a deep breath, exhaled and pressed the submit button. Then I waited. And waited and waited some more. There's an approximate two week wait period and it felt like FOREVER! Until the acceptance letter came, along with sheer joy and excitement!
I have access to awesome perks and have the opportunity to have my work published. It's also been amazing to see my work (such as the image below with the rainbow) featured among other Click Pros.
This is such a great opportunity for me and a rewarding creative outlet. The rest of the blog post contains information verbatim from the Clickin Moms website in case any other photographers would like information on where to start.
For anyone thinking of submitting in the near future, it's scary putting yourself out there, but the benefits outweigh the risk!
What is Click Pro?
Click Pro is a women’s organization of professional photographers and highly skilled artists whose work demonstrates creativity, vision, and artistic and technical excellence. From child and family photographers to wedding photographers, senior photographers, fine art photographers, and beyond, Click Pro is a community rich in talent and diversity. Our membership benefits are designed to cater to the artistic, social, and business needs of the professional photographers and artists within our community.
To be considered for membership, applicants must submit a 150 image portfolio for review.
More information on the program can be found here.
What are the benefits of being a Click Pro?
1. Click Pro Exclusives: Deals, discounts, and gifts you won’t find anywhere else.
2. Click Pro Daily Project: The Click Pro Daily Project is almost always the first thing our new Pros sign up for. It is a great way for the world to see your images, but did you know that it is so much more than a collaborative blog? Posting on the DP offers up a myriad of opportunities that include, but are not limited to the following:
- Features in Click magazine
- Possible selection as the Daily of the Week
- Potential contact from vendors outside Click Pro (some of our Click Pros have had their DP images featured in articles, by greeting card companies, and picked up by stock agencies)
- Features on the Click , and Clickin Moms Facebook pages and Instagram
- Participation in Group Projects
- Consideration for the Canon Image of the Week
3. Complimentary subscription to Click Magazine
4. Click Pro Talent Network: opportunities for a variety of features, sponsorships, and more.
5. Image by Lens
6. Click Pro Photographers Directory
7. Membership in Clickin Moms
8. Access to private Click Pro forums and a private Click Pro Members Area
Additionally, members are also offered the following opportunities:
- Earn significant income by presenting a Click Pro Breakout Session
- Click Pro of the Month Feature, including promotion, blog interview, and paid teaching opportunity
- Session feature in Click & Company In Focus, our weekly newsletter with a subscriber base of over 61,000
- Image feature on our Facebook page with over 303,000 fans
- Image shares on the Click Magazine Facebook page with over 22,000 fans
- Write an article for the CMblog and reach over 85,000 monthly unique visitors
- Apply to join our Click Photo School staff by proposing a full online workshop
- Clickin Moms Mentor Selection (by invitation)
- Image shares on the Click & Company Instagram feed when using one of our hashtags
You can learn more about the Click Pro Benefits click here.
How to apply:
A thorough application guide can be found, here.
Applications can be submitted, here.
You can join a Click Pro prep group, ask questions, or receive general review on your portfolio, here.
If you're already on the Clickmoms Forum, send me a friend request! You'll see me posting around with this signature.